So here are our top ten tips in the unlikely event you are chased by a crazed slasher.
1. Run DOWNstairs, not up.
2. Do not split up to search faster. Survival is not a race. Unless you're playing The World's Most Dangerous Game.
3. Don't rest your head against doors. Knives are longer than you think.
4. Charge your cellphone before going to an abandoned cabin.
5. If you think you have killed your assailant, go ahead and shoot them again. What else are you saving the bullets for?
6. Make sure to only hang out with people with looser morals than you. They will most likely die first. Plus, they have better parties.
7. If looking for a lost friend, don't look in dark rooms. Unless your friend is a rabid bat, they will likely be in a well-lit area.
8. Yes, it's blood. Do not touch it, smell it, scream at it, or ask, "OH MAN, IS THAT BLOOD?" Yes. It is. Run away from it.
9. If your friends invite you to a party in an abandoned warehouse/mansion/island, think to yourself...."If the place is so cool, why is it abandoned?"
10. Eat a healthy meal before going to a spooky place. Most likely, the only foods available there will be talking deer heads, Meat Loaf, and comically huge sandwiches.
What does a bucket full of ICE COLD water, an escaped convict, Gordon Ramsay, Mrs. Potato Head, Nana Moellendorf, Batgirl, Two-Face, Catwoman, Star Trek Ensign, Charlie Chaplin, Lindsay Lohan and Buster Keaton have in common?
They were all a part of our Halloween Spectacular last Friday. There was candy flying, high stakes competition, crazy costumes, cuts & bruises, countdown timers and improvisers literally drowning on stage. All for the goal of starting your Halloween off right.
The final score?
Team Good: 125
Team Evil: 105
Team Audience: 8,427
Kid with Mohawk: Should audition for us in 11 years.
Visit our Facebook page for even more pictures of all the shenanigans both onstage and off, we're busy doing everything but rest up for our next weekend of shows.
Yes that is right! We are back to our regularly scheduled show dates, the first and third Friday and Saturday of every month and our next double shot of shows will be:
Friday November 4th: The Nashville Entertainment System Games Show
Saturday November 5th: A Guy Fawkes Night of Drama featuring Director's Cut and Infinite Jest
All the 411 is over on the shows page, the ibuprofen is wearing off and we need to change the splint on Ethan's leg.
Are. You. Ready?
In 3 short days this Friday at 8pm the most entertaining, energetic costumed improv show you will be able to see this year is starting.
Do you have your ticket yet?
We will be doing never-before-seen games filled with danger, action, and manic energy (fueled by all the candy we're giving away!) Amazing costumes, surprises, some games that you might only see once, plus an audience costume contest, where the winner receives 2 free tickets to an upcoming show.
If you see one show all year, make it the Good vs. Evil Halloween Spectacular. Your life (if you survive) will never be the same.
In improv the points may not matter, but to us the votes sure do! The Nashville Scene revealed their annual "Best of Nashville" award winners on October 5th, and we're pleased to announce that the Nashville Comedy Theater took home not one, but THREE awards! We placed in the top three in the following categories:
We couldn't have done this without the support of you, our fans. We're always glad to see your smiles and hear your laughter. We look forward to bringing you the best in quality comedy entertainment for years to come!
Nashville Improv has been entertaining audiences with their unique brand of high energy improvised comedy nationwide. They're bringing the best of improv & theater into the 21st century, recently being featured on Hidden America with Jonah Ray, and past performances with Laura Hall from Whose Line is it Anyway, Kevin McDonald from Kids in the Hall, Dave Razowski, booked by Comedy Centrals Drunk History, the Chicago Improv Festival, Geek Media Expo, and selling out shows consistently
nationwide. Nashville Tennessee's own professional improv company with regular classes, performances and corporate training. Thank you for stopping by. It’s great to meet you.